Tristan Dunn '23 | Crucchi Gang

 

Crucchi Gang is a self-titled album featuring a compilation of beloved German songs translated into Italian. With artists such as Faber, Von Wegen Lisbeth, Steiner & Madlaina, and Isolation Berlin, the group presents something new to the sometimes stagnant German music scene. This album truly embodies that music has no boundaries with its bridge from the allure of Italian to mainstream German culutre.

Below you can find a translation of “Ballare” by Clueso and Crucchi Gang from Italian to English and the original version of “Tanzen” by Clueso in German. 



Ballare - Clueso and Crucchi Gang

Italian Lyrics: Clueso and Crucchi Gang

Translation: Alyssa Glauser

[Italian Version]:


Davanti allo specchio ti guardi Sai che sei bella, ti muovi, Bolero Come se niente fosse Chiedi ti piaccio sono Compañero Quando la porta si chiude E si spegna la luce Tutte le stanze sott’acqua Manca respiro lotto fino alla fine Niente va bene perché (perché) Ci aspetto qui fino alle tre (tre) Nessuno si salva da se Voglio che balli con me Vuoi ballare, ah Vuoi ballare Quando ci siamo incontrati La vita che vivi adesso non la conoscevo Con un giro in tondo suda sangue come al colosseo Io e te lungo il Tevere Pensando che adesso mi pienti come idiota Non mi sembra vero Niente va bene perché (perché) Ci aspetto qui fino alle tre (tre) Nessuno si salva da se Voglio che balli con me Vuoi ballare, ah Vuoi ballare (ah) La luce accarezza la pelle Non pensi più Lasci la stanza un drink in mano Tutti ti guardano Il tuo vestito scintilla Esci la club e che sei quasi nuda Son’ solo a casa, dietro le sbarre E tu sei in macchina con quel bastardo Vuoi ballare, ah Vuoi ballare (ah) (Ja, du lässt dich heimfahr’n von diesem Typ’) (Unglaublich) Finalmente tutto funziona, tutto funziona come col LEGO Non sarà più come prima, più come prima Stammi bene, ti chiedo Non dirmi tutto è normale Non illuderti, perché fa male Le valigie son’ fatte Volevo dirtelo Voglio parlare ma Sei ballare (hm) Sei ballare (ah) Sei ballare (ah) Sei ballare (addio)



[English Version]:


In front of the mirror you look at yourself You know that you are beautiful, you move yourself, bolero As if nothing happens You ask do you like that I am your companion When the door is closed and the lights are off All of the rooms are underwater Breathless until the end Nothing is okay because (because) I wait for you until three (three) No one can be saved from if I want you to dance with me You want to dance, ah You want to dance When we met I didn’t know the life you were living With a turn, sweating blood like at the colosseum You and I along the Tiber I am thinking that right now I seem like an idiot It does not seem true to me Nothing is okay because I wait for you until three No one can be saved from if I want you to dance with me You want to dance, ah You want to dance (ah) The lights caress the skin You don’t think anymore You leave the room, a drink in hand Everyone watches you Your dress sparkles You leave the club almost naked I am alone at home, behind bars And you’re in a car with that bastard You want to dance, ah You want to dance (ah) (Yeah, you let this guy drive you home?) (unbelievable) Finally everything works, everything works as if with LEGOs. It won’t be like it was before, like before Treat me well, I ask you Don’t tell me everything is normal Don’t fool yourself because it will make me sick The suitcases are packed I wanted to tell you I wanted to talk, but You are dance (hm) You are dance (ah) You are dance (ah) You are dance (goodbye)




Tanzen - Clueso

German Lyrics: Clueso

Translation: Tristan Dunn '23

[German Version]:


Du stehst vorm Spiegel, siehst heiß aus Steigerst dich rein, Bolero Fragst ganz nebenbei, wie du aussiehst Als wär ich dein Compañero Und wenn die Tür ins Schloss fällt Und mein Kino im Kopf quält Werd'n alle Zimmer geflutet Kämpfe um Luft im Strudel bis zur Lähmung Nein, es ist gar nichts okay (okay) Für mich ist es sitzen bis spät (spät) Für dich Disko-Realität Ich warte, dass du mal was sagst, doch Du musst tanzen Du musst tanzen Als wir uns trafen, kannt ich die Welt In der du grad lebst, nur aus deinen Erzählung'n Stolper' durch mein'n Tag Renne blutend im Kreis - Koloseum Noch gestern am Tiber Hände halten im Flieger Dass es mir jetzt genauso geht wie dem Typen davor Kratzt an meinem Ego Nein, es ist gar nichts okay (okay) Für mich ist es sitzen bis spät (spät) Für dich Disko-Realität Ich warte, dass du mal was sagst, doch Du musst tanzen Du musst tanzen, eh Das Licht streichelt dein'n Körper Du denkst nicht nach Bewegst dich sanft durch den Raum Mit 'nem Drink in der Hand, alle schau'n dir nach Dein Paillettenkleid ist am glitzern Kommst ausm Club, hast fast nichts an Ich sitz' zuhause wie hinter Gittern Du lässt dich heimfahr'n von diesem Wichser Du musst tanzen, eh Plötzlich passt alles zusamm'n Alles zusamm'n, wie Lego Es wird nie mehr, wie es war Nie mehr, wie es war, mach's gut, te quiero Nein, es ist gar nichts okay (okay) Red dir nichts ein, es tut weh (weh) Ich hab' alles gepackt, wollt es dir sagen Ich wollt mit dir reden, doch Du bist tanzen Du bist tanzen, eh Du bist- (oh) Du bist tanzen



[English Version]:


You stand before the mirror, looking hot You’re getting into it, Bolero Asking at the same time how you look As if I were your companion And when the door locks itself And my movie in my head distresses All the rooms will flood Fighting for air in the whirl until paralysis No, it is not okay at all (okay) For me it is sitting until late (late) For you it is disco-reality I am waiting for you to say something, but You must dance You must dance When we met, I only knew the world You live in, only from your stories Stumbling through my day Running bleeding in a circle - Colosseum Still yesterday on the Tiber Holding hands on the plane That I now feel the same as the guy before me Scratches my ego No, it is not okay at all (okay) For me it is sitting until late (late) For you it is disco-reality I am waiting for you to say something, but You must dance You must dance, eh The light caresses your body You don’t think Moving smoothly through the room With a drink in the hand, all are watching you Your sequin dress is glittering You come from the club with almost nothing on I sit at home like behind bars You let this jerk drive you home You must dance, eh Suddenly everything fits together Everything together like Legos It will never be the same Never again how it was, take it easy, I like you No, it is not okay at all (okay) Don’t tell yourself it hurts (hurts) I packed everything, I wanted to tell you I wanted to talk to you, but You are dancing You are dancing, eh You are- (oh) You are dancing




Comments